Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Sudden Scarf

Yesterday when my niece came to visit she asked me if we could sew something together. We often create small projects together. I asked her what she wanted to make and she said she would like to sew a scarf for her teacher as a Christmas gift gift. I considered different ways to do so, calculating the short time frame and her current skill levels, and decided it was doable. A quick search for fabric led to enough leftover snowflake patterned flannel fabric to make a nicely fuzzy and soft scarf. We discussed the options and it was decided that it would be perfect so we cut the fabric, sewed the pieces together, and then we finished the scarf.


Below you will see her proudly modeling the finished product. Even if her teacher doesn't love it... I love the fact that my niece is so thoughtful that she would make a handmade scarf for a teacher.

Not to be outdone my nephew also asked to create a scarf for his teacher. He models it below as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment