My sister found a gorgeous bead...created from a natural shell. She adored it but had no idea what she would want. Knowing her well I knew she would want something fairly simple in design. She also prefers "natural" materials...hence the shell.
With this knowledge I searched my stash for items that would be simple enough to appeal to her sense of style but would still be lovely to my own, flashier, tastes. And i came up with a fine hemp in a pale grey color, macramé spiral stitch to subtly echo the spiral of the shell centerpiece, her shell...which was a flat round disk which highlighted a spiral and was smooth and highly polished on one side and slightly rougher on the opposite side, and six swarovski rondelle beads in a peridot color, and it would be strung with the shell taking center and flanked by the crystal beads. I would of course put a magnetic clasp on as I had one and they are so easy to wear.
Took the better part of two hours...because when you use hemp that fine you have to use a TON of stitches to get a necklace length...however, it was worth it!
Below are pictures of the stages and the completed necklace.
No comments:
Post a Comment