It's hard to imagine what I used to do with my time in the past because it seems that all I do with my time now is: work, cook, sleep, and quilt. I know I used to do other crafts. I have evidence of this. In fact, I still have most of the supplies and tools.
Sometimes I even have the urge to do these crafts of my past. For instance last Saturday I wanted to make a new scarf out of fine alpaca wool in a blue color... I was thinking of a moss stitch or seed stitch because I really love those stitches. They are fun and easy to stitch and they end up full of texture and dimension without being uncomfortably bumpy.
I even started to search out this beautiful wool I wanted to use. But, as it seems always to be the case nowadays, I got distracted and ended up at the fabric store instead-- buying more fabric.
In my defense I thought that I needed more fabric for the quilt that I was working on. Of course now that I have finished the quilt top in question and realize it's practically a queen sized blanket---I will admit that I didn't need any extra fabric. ..but I don't regret my purchases or the size of the quilt. I think it looks beautiful and my niece will able to grow into it.
However, the fact that I am nearly done with this quilt and my next thought is "who am I going to make one for next?" Despite the fact that I am currently working on four quilts (once i finish this one it will only be three quilts) is a sign that I might be slightly obsessed. Possibly even addicted. And the fact that I told myself I'm not a quilting addict and then told myself that I could quit at anytime is less than reassuring because as we all know... That is exactly what addicts tell themselves.
However, I am not willing to stop quilting. I have decided that I shall quilt a small quilt for the cat bed as Simon is always trying to get onto the quilts I am making.
Here are some pictures of the quilt top that I just finished. I am going to do some quilting on the back as well so it will be a little bit before the whole quilt is completed. There is also some pictures of Simon sitting on various stages of quilts in process.
No comments:
Post a Comment