Inspiration is something that can strike swiftly. Suddenly, from out of the blue you have an idea, wholly formed, and the passion to bring said idea to fruition. And then, sometimes it is slow. You find one aspect of the idea but not the rest...and you realize you will have to coax the idea out of its hiding place...as is the case of this latest project I have been working on.
A while back I was given a lovely gift of an abalone shell...it is beautiful and reminds me of my second favorite environment on earth...the ocean. And it also reminds me of the wonderful friend who gave it to me. A gift like this is definitely something I cannot resist making into art.
But what to do with it?
It has been sitting, slowly gathering dust for months...and today, while at work...it finally came up with an idea or two. So, at lunch i quickly scribbled down my ideas on some scratch paper. Still not precisely sure if I will make it into one of the ideas I came up with or if I will go in another direction....but, perhaps I will start gathering the materials I think I will want to use and go from there.
Happy Crafting,
seckmea
No comments:
Post a Comment