Canvas Purse: The Quest for the Perfect Purse
For years I've been buying purses and then destroying them through use and buying a new purse to start the cycle over again. Over the years I've gone through countless purses. .. And lately it seems that I am going through more purses than ever before! Maybe it's that they are made cheaper these days, or perhaps I've just become rougher, or perhaps both? Whatever the case, I am done with buying purses. I know what type of purse works best for me...and I have a sewing machine so that I can create a customized purse just for me.
So, I went and bought some nice canvas I liked the color of and got to work.
I decided to make it big...go big or go home as the saying goes...and this was the result:
![]() |
| Purse Open |
![]() |
| Purse Closed
After finishing the base I realized that I didn't have pockets or a strap...and I wanted those. so, I designed some pockets to fit what I wanted the pockets for and went to add them to the purse. (It would have been so much easier had I added them BEFORE I put the whole thing together but, that is what happens when you don't have a full plan to begin with!
|
![]() |
| Simon decided he wanted to snuggle with my pocket pieces |
![]() |
| The three pockets before I sewed them into my purse |
![]() |
| Finished Purse (straps and pockets added) Now that the purse is finished and I have been using it I have discovered that it is probably far too big for my actual needs (but I don't mind that) and that the shade of blue I chose is VERY BLUE! I still love the color...but it is more vibrant and imposing of a color than I had assumed it would be. The plus side is that I will be easy to spot from a distance...but that is also a downside! Oh, well. I love it and I will probably make another, slightly smaller in a plain black...Or perhaps I will try my hand at making a similar type purse but out of leather? The best part is that I used my creativity to make something that is also highly useful for myself. I now have a unique purse that is also a highly functional purse...and only cost me about $12 to make! Happy Crafting! Seckmea |





No comments:
Post a Comment