Have you ever discovered something...something that seems inconsequential...and then, before you know it...you cannot imagine your life without it? This has happened to me many times...the time I discovered cats, my ipod, quilting, crafts in general, BOOKS, and now...the newest one...Pinterest!
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is Brilliant! I think so at any rate. (It can be found at www.pinterest.com)
Basically...you can find all types of different things on Pinterest that have been gleaned from the internet...and you can organize them...so that you can find them! So, say you are like me and have an addiction to quilting, a well developed case of crazy cat lady, and a general interest in a wide variety of crafting, cooking, and travel "things." This place was made for us! I can make a "board" of quilting that I want to do. I can make a "board" of cats looking darling, cute, and funny. I could probably even make a "board" of cats AND quilts! It has a search function so you can search topics in which to find "pins" on. You can look at what others have done and what others have liked...and get all types of hints and tips for all types of random things! Ever wanted to make your grandma's Deviled Egg recipe more exciting? They have cute deviled eggs that look like baby chicks hatching from eggs! Have a lot of glass bottles you have been too lazy to take out to the recycling? They will show you how you can make them into candle holders and lighting fixtures! Ever wondered what to do with that hideous couch your cousin conned you into taking...they will teach you how to recover it! So many lovely ideas! All there for the finding...Just a click away...I find that I spend way more time on it than I need to...happily following the pins down the rabbit hole of the internet to discover crafting inspiration gold! There is no way I can say to myself "I am uninspired" now...because I know...with just a few clicks I can be at Pinterest where inspiration lurks everywhere! Of course, I can still be too lazy to actually DO anything...but that is fine. Breaks are good for recharging ones crafty-batteries. It is kind of like having a "box of Inspiration" (something you see people do...where they fill a box full of magazine clippings and stuff) only in this case...it takes no room up in your house...or even on your computer as it is all online! Needless to say, I have frittered away several dozen hours on the site.
Happy Crafting,
Seckmea
No comments:
Post a Comment