It’s Pinnotheres again. Since I put up that nudibranch photo
to thank people for the views and the love,
I remembered I had meant to put up photos of the invertebrates and other
squishiness in my photography files. Also, Seckmea got me thinking, yet again, about what really inspires me to do anything creative.
These photos are sort of a more detailed account of the intertidal from my first post. They in part
represent to me what is hidden in the natural world. In the case of the mudflats I talked about, teeming life is hidden under
stinky mud and cold water…but the theme sort of ran through my whole experience
with marine field work. The really
interesting stuff was buried, wedged in rock crevices, or only seemed emerge on moonless nights or in what the sea burped up after a storm.
It’s always been that air of mystery that inspired me, in art or in science – whatever is most typically dismissed as plain, gross, or uninteresting is what draws my attention and makes me want to look closer…
Love and art by,
Pinnotheres
It’s always been that air of mystery that inspired me, in art or in science – whatever is most typically dismissed as plain, gross, or uninteresting is what draws my attention and makes me want to look closer…
Love and art by,
Pinnotheres
| Turban snails (Tegula funebralis) crammed into a rock crevice. |
| A jelly and feather boa kelp (Egregia) washed up after a storm. |
How I love your photography! And yes...the textures of the algae and sea grass are fantastic!
ReplyDelete